At Claire’s recent presentation at the Redlands Business Expo she spoke about the 5 Steps to High Performing Employees. Following is a summary of Claire’s presentation.
RESEARCH SAYS THAT HIGH PERFORMING BUSINESSES, IRRESPECTIVE OF STRATEGIC DIRECTION, BENEFITED FROM A FOCUS ON EMPLOYEES AND ORGANISATIONAL VALUES.
- The right job – what does the business require?
- The right person – what skills are required?
- And most importantly, what behaviours are necessary to perform the job and to suit the culture of your organisation?
Another consideration to recruiting the right person is to cast a wide net, and don’t just choose the easy option of someone you already know. It may take longer but the result will be well worth the wait.
- For starters, you must have a business plan with clear goals.
- Balanced Scorecards is a great approach to ensure all aspects of success are measured:
- Customer Service
- Learning and Growth
- Internal Business Processes.
- CASCADE business goals to individual goals – set and measure.
- Set and measure SMART goals.
- Goals give much needed role clarity and direction.
- Keep people accountable.
- Encourage employees to make their own decisions, even if only small ones.
- Encourage them to think of more effective ways to work, for example solving problems to improve processes.
- Share your ideas with staff and listen to their ideas.
- Facilitate variety in the work staff do.
- Encourage staff to take advantage of opportunities for training and development.
- Reward based on performance.
- Do not reward poor performance – address poor performance.
- Has the person achieved the set goals? If so, reward in a way that is meaningful to the individual.
- Not just monetary rewards.
- People are motivated by rewards they value – fit rewards to the needs of individuals.
- People are motivated by feedback – give your staff regular feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Regular, systematic and well-structured performance appraisals.
- BRAINSTORM REWARD IDEAS to suit your employees.
- Leadership and culture is key to business success!
- Use of policies and procedures that limit the scope of employee behaviours in a non-invasive way, such as codes of conduct, and pre-action reviews that subject employee activities to review prior to implementation but provide significant autonomy once approved.
- Emphasis on human resource procedures and development of shared organisational values, which provide a foundation for decision making.
- Organisations that emphasise efficiency as a strategic priority used performance measurement systems as a means of accountability and evaluation, and emphasise bonus compensation determined objectively on the basis of short-term targets
YOUTUBE VIDEOS TO WATCH:
Please Contact Us To Discuss How Harrison Human Resources Assists Businesses With Managing For High Performance.
The post 5 Steps to High Performing Employees appeared first on Human Resources Brisbane | Best Workplace Assessment.