Business owners, managers and supervisors are obliged under law to ensure that their workers are not exposed to risks to their health and safety. The aim of this course is to provide managers with the underpinning knowledge to meet their obligations and to assist them to develop a safety culture in the organisation.
Workers behaviours are heavily influenced by the behaviours and leadership of management and good safety leadership should enhance workplace safety, reduce costs and improve profitability.
The course is designed for all levels of management who have the responsibility for the health and safety of employees, contractors and others.
Course content includes:
- Workplace Health and Safety Legislation – aimed at giving managers an overview of their obligations, what the Safety Officer, Workplace Representative and Committees do and how they can assist managers to meet their obligations through a consultative approach to workplace health and safety.
- Understand Risk Management – aimed at assisting managers to understand what risks their employees are dealing with, and how they should be addressed.
- Incident investigation – aimed at providing an overview of the causes of incidents, understanding contributing factors to an incident thus allowing the correct selection of solutions to prevent a re-occurrence
- Safety Leadership – aimed at providing managers with an understanding of what leadership is and how good leadership can assist development of a safety culture and improve safety performance in the workplace.
Due to the compliance nature of this topic, a formal assessment is also included at the end of the course to test knowledge.
As the course is not tailored to your particular circumstances, it should not be treated as legal advice.
At the successful completion of this course, participants will have gained an understanding of the following aspects of workplace health and safety, including their obligations, in regard to:
- Safety commitment
- Risk management
- Reporting safety
- Training and supervision
- Workers compensation and rehabilitation
- Laws and prosecutions
60 minutes (nominal)